till April 1, 2020
Massage therapy or the “art of rubbing” has been in practice for a very long time across the globe.
Today, massages aren’t only available in luxurious spas or massage parlors. Their popularity has made them available in business districts, hospitals, clinics, fitness centers, gyms and more.
Massage has ancient historical significance. In ancient Japanese, Chinese, Thai dynasties, these alternative therapies were used as effective treatment methods for musculoskeletal problems. Historical evidence proves that the “art of rubbing” has been and is being practiced across the globe. In the 1850s, during European renaissance, these techniques started adapting European styles and techniques.
Today, there are many different types of massage and spa therapies practiced by massage experts. In some countries, these therapies are included in the alternative medicine curriculum. However, the effectiveness of these treatment methods haven’t been proved by any scientific research, the patient’s reaction to the method has made the approach extremely popular.
Most popular styles of massage therapy
Massage refers to a method of patting, flattening and manipulating the skin, muscular tissues, ligaments, tendons, and other supporting structures. The basic objective of massage is to relax the muscles and reduce stress levels.
Therapists use their hands, fingers, elbows, forearms, and feet for light stroking or deep pressure techniques.
Some popular techniques are:
* Swedish Massage: it is the commonest genre; features tapping or kneading strokes. The strokes are mostly soft, long, rhythmic and light in nature.
* Sports massage: The technique focuses on a specific group of muscles used in different sports. They are designed for preventing injuries and strengthening the musculoskeletal structures.
* Deep tissue massage: The technique is also termed as pain reliever massage. This method is designed for pain anywhere in the superficial skin, tissue or muscular layer.
* Thai massage: It’s certainly one of the most popular therapies today. In this technique, the therapist uses his/her body to change the posture of the recipient and mobilize the joints to better extents. The therapy is also used for compressing the muscles and applying acupressure.
* Shiatsu Massage: This Japanese massage therapy involves applying mixed, rhythmic pressure on some specific points of the body. These specific points are termed as acupressure-points.
* Others: apart from the abovementioned techniques, there are numerous other therapies. Some popular therapies are Hot Stone Massage, Reflexology, Pregnancy Massage, Chair Massage, Trigger point massage, etc.
If you wish to feel better with immediate aftereffects, ZEN Massage in Salt Lake City is here for you. Massage stops the stress cycle and restores your natural body posture, so you can enjoy more restful sleep and naturally lower stress levels.
Zen Massage in Salt Lake City
5520 South Van Winkle Expy
Salt Lake City, UT 84117